Shield Strength feature:
- Visualize the strength of the shield. This can be done through UI onscreen or color changing of the shield.
- Allow for 3 hits on the shield to accommodate visualization.
- Add a Scrollbar UI element and a Text element to the Canvas object. Set the correct position for these elements and rename the Text element to “Shield”.
2. Create a variable for the Scrollbar UI object, turn off the visibility of the screenbar at startup, and create a method that will update the scrollbar.
3. Update the Damage method in the Player script to make the shield last for 3 hits, after which time the shield and shield bar will be disabled.
Two UI objects and small modifications in 2 scripts were needed to create this functionality.