Unity provides post-processing and full-screen effects that can enhance the appearance of your application. You can use these effects to simulate physical camera and movie properties or to create stylized visual effects.
Installing Post Processing Package
To start using post-processing, you need to install a package under Package Manager window.
Remember to select Packages: Unity Registry, sometimes there is “In Project” option selected and the Post Processing Package won’t be visible.
After installation, the Post Processing folder will appear under Project window.
How to use it
After installing the post-processing package:
- add a new empty object to hierarchy window,
- next, call it “Post Processing Volume”,
- create a new Layer and call it Post Processing,
- add a Post Processing Volume component, select “Is Global” and click New to create a profile,
- add an effect,
To render the effects, we need also few modifications to the Main Camera:
- add a Post Processing Layer Component,
- and choose under Layer the Post Processing option.
Now you can see in real time the changes you apply to the effects parameters.